Welcome to www.mata.com.ph. Thank you for being here. www.mata.com.ph is owned and maintained by ma-ta Philippines – “we”, “us”, our” or ma-ta Philippines. Any person accessing or using Our Website and any associated webpages (collectively, the “Site”) is referred to as “you.”
Our website gives users access to “mindful” and “conscious” content. Mindfulness in this context is defined as “the quality or state of being conscious or aware of something” and “conscious” is defined as “aware and responding to one’s surroundings; awake; to be concerned and worried about a particular matter” with the purpose of raising awareness about but not limited to issues concerning sustainability, conservation, culture, heritage, climate change, poverty, governance through a community of contributors and like-minded persons who share the same ethos.
This Site and its Content are intended solely for personal and non-commercial use by you. Any use of this Site or its Content other than for personal and non-commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
We may, in Our sole discretion, change or discontinue any or all aspects of Our Website at any time, without notice, and without liability to you.
Intellectual Property and User Generated Content
Unless otherwise noted, the Site, its data and materials, as well as the selection, organization, coordination, compilation, and overall look and feel of the Site or the “Content” are the intellectual property of ma-ta and our contributors. All ownership rights remain with ma-ta or our contributors, as the case may be. Such Content cannot be used without the prior written permission of ma-ta or any of our Contributors.
By posting, distributing, sending or displaying User Generated Content (“UGC”) to Our Site, you:
a) Hereby grant to ma-ta Philippinesa non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable, fully paid-up, worldwide, and sub-licensable right to use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise disclose or incorporate into other works, the UGC for any purpose to the extent permissible by applicable law;
c) Represent and warrant that:
ma-ta Philippines is under no obligation to offer you any payment for UGC, unless such an agreement has been made in writing.
a. No nudity, pornography, or depictions of sexual activity
i. This includes images containing the explicit display of sexual organs especially intended to stimulate erotic feelings, full or partial nudity, any depiction of sexual activity, softcore or hardcore pornography.
ii. This includes links posted in comments.
iii. If you aren’t sure, please don’t post it.
b. No hate speech or abusive content.
i. Racism, sexism, slurs, personal attacks, death threats, suicide requests or any form of hate speech is not tolerated.
ii. This includes hate speech or abuse in usernames, as well as images and comments.
c. No Advertising, SPAM, or other links to commercial websites
d. No Location Information / Doxing
i. Do not enter your or another individual’s street address or any information that may lead another user to discover your real address. Users should include no information that makes them publicly identifiable.
Terms and Conditions
1. We May Discontinue or Suspend Our Website or Terminate Your Use: We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, Our Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of Our Website or if for any reason all or any part of Our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. In addition, we reserve the right to terminate your access to Our Website for any reason, and to take any other actions that We, in Our sole discretion, believes to be in the interest of Our company and of Our users as a whole with respect to access and use of Our Website.
You may use Our Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Site Terms. You agree not to use Our Website:
· In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the Philippines or other countries).
· For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
· To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the Content Standards specified in Section 3(d) below and any other content standards We may specify from time to time on Our Website.
· To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without Our prior written consent, or any "junk mail", "chain letter" or "spam."
· To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Us, any of Our employees or other service providers, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
· To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of Our Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Us or users of Our Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
· Use Our Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through Our Website.
· Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access Our Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on Our Website.
· Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on Our Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without Our prior written consent.
· Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of Our Website.
· Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
· Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of Our Website, the server on which Our Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to Our Website.
· Attack Our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
· Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of Our Website.
3. We Have All Rights In Our Website and Content; You Grant Us Certain Rights When You Submit Content to Us:
(a) Our Website (including all text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content contained on Our Website) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the Philippines and other countries, and we (subject to the rights of Our licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) have all rights therein. All individual articles, blogs, videos, content and other elements comprising Our Website are also copyrighted works, and we (subject to the rights of Our licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) have all rights therein. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained on Our Website. These Site Terms permit you to use Our Website for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on Our Website, except as follows:
· Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
· You may store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes.
· You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of Our Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
· If We provide social media features with certain content, you make take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
· Modify copies of any materials from Our Website.
· Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
· Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from Our Website.
4. Your Use of Our Content is Restricted:
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of Our Website or any services or materials available through Our Website.
Unless expressly stated on Our Website or permitted by Us in writing, you may make no other use of the content available on Our Website. If you wish to make any use of material on Our Website other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: email@example.com
If you print, copy, modify, download or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any part of Our Website in breach of these Site Terms, your right to use Our Website will cease immediately and you must, at Our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. No right, title or interest in or to Our Website or any content on Our Website is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by Us. Any use of Our Website not expressly permitted by these Site Terms is a breach of these Site Terms and may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
Our name and logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of ma-ta Philippines or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without Our prior written permission. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on Our Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
(b) By posting or submitting content on or to Our Website (regardless of the form or medium with respect to such content, whether text, videos, photographs, audio or otherwise), you are granting us, and Our affiliates, agents and third party contractors a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty free, nonexclusive and sublicensable right and license to display, broadcast or publish such content on Our Website, related sites and social media and in any affiliated publications, whether online, in print or via other media or technologies (either in the form submitted or in the form of a derivative or adapted work), to store such content, and to distribute such content and use such content in any lawful manner and for any lawful purpose, including commercial, promotional and marketing purposes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, with respect to any video submissions to us made by you from time to time, you understand and agree that (unless you and we agree otherwise) we may, or may permit users to, based solely on functionality provided and enabled by Our Website, compile, re-edit, adapt or modify your video submission, or create derivative works therefrom, either on a stand-alone basis or in combination with other video submissions, and (unless you and we agree otherwise) you shall have no rights with respect thereto and we or Our licensees shall be free to display and publish the same (as so compiled, re-edited, adapted, modified or derived) for any period.
(c) You represent and warrant to us that
· you are legally capable to enter into contracts,
· you are providing us at all times true, accurate and up to date information about yourself
· you will comply at all times with the Site Terms and applicable law, and
· your use of Our Website and any engagement that you make with us will not violate the rights of any third party.
In addition, you agree that you shall be solely responsible for your own submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. This includes, for example, any personal information, such as your home address, the home address of others, or your current location. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR SHARING OR POSTING ANY PERSONAL OR OTHER INFORMATION ON OUR WEBSITE. You may not post content intended to provide professional advice, including the provision of medical advice, or advertising of any kind. In connection with each of your submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that:
(I) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize us to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all such submissions to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by us and these Site Terms; and
(II) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in such submissions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by us and these Site Terms.
In furtherance of the foregoing, you agree that you will not:
(I) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant us all of the rights granted herein;
(II) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party;
(III) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; or. We reserve the right to remove or not publish submissions without prior notice. You acknowledge and agree that when you submit content in any form to ma-ta Philippines or Our Website we may authorize such content to be distributed or syndicated to or published on other ma-ta Philippines-branded environments or those of affiliated parties without payment or other consideration to you. We may remove content posted by you for any reason.
(d) The following content standards apply to posts or submissions of content on or to Our Website. All of such posts and submissions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, your posts and submissions on or to Our Website must not:
· Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
· Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
· Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
· Be likely to deceive any person.
· Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
· Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
· Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
· Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising other than with Our express prior written permission.
· Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
4. You Have Rights if You Believe Your Copyright is Being Infringed: We take claims of copyright infringement seriously. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from this Our Website infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from Our Website by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org together with:
(I) Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
(II) Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number)
(III) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on Our Website is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees)
5. Your Use of Our Content is Restricted:
(a) Unless expressly permitted, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works from, transmit or in any way exploit any part of Our Website or any content thereon, except as permitted under the last sentence of this Section 5(a) and except that you may make one print copy that is limited to occasional articles of personal interest only. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing (but subject to the last sentence of this Section5(a)), you may not distribute any part of Our Website or any content thereon over any network, including, without limitation, a local area network, or sell or offer it for sale. In addition, these files may not be used to construct any kind of database. Just as we from time to time excerpt materials from other sources in order to support the various commentaries and writings contained herein, we respect the right of others to make “fair use” of the materials contained on Our Website; accordingly, you may from time to time excerpt and use materials set forth on Our Website consistent with the principles of "fair use".
(b) We are concerned about the integrity of Our Website when it is viewed in a setting created by a third party that includes advertising or other materials that we have not authorized to be displayed with the content of Our Website. Neither you nor any third party shall make use of the contents of Our Website in any manner that constitutes an infringement of Our rights, including copyright or that has not been authorized by Us.
6. Content created by third parties is the sole responsibility of the third parties and its accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute content through Our Website, ma-ta Philippines is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to the content. ma-ta Philippines and its affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders do not undertake or assume any duty to monitor Our Website for inappropriate or unlawful content. ma-ta Philippines and its affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders assume no responsibility or liability which may arise from the content thereof, including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, libel, slander, infringement, invasion of privacy and publicity rights, obscenity, pornography, profanity, fraud, or misrepresentation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ma-ta Philippines reserves the right to block or remove communications, postings or materials at any time in Our sole discretion.
7. You Will Be Responsible for Any Harm We Suffer as a Result of Your Violation of These Site Terms or Any Breach by You of Your Representations and Warranties: You agree to indemnify and hold harmless ma-ta Philippines and its affiliates, and their respective members, directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation by you of these Site Terms or any breach by you of your representations and warranties hereunder. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section 7. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
8. Your Use of Our Website is Subject to Certain Disclaimers: OUR WEBSITE IS AVAILABLE “AS IS.” WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT OUR WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS AND INACCURACIES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR WEBSITE. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO OUR WEBSITE OR ANY INFORMATION OR GOODS THAT ARE AVAILABLE OR ADVERTISED OR SOLD THROUGH OUR WEBSITE. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, NOR DO WE ENDORSE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OR DATABASE DISPLAYED, UPLOADED OR DISTRIBUTED ON OUR WEBSITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH LINKS ON OUR WEBSITE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS ON OUR WEBSITE. ALTHOUGH WE INTEND TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO PREVENT THE INTRODUCTION OF VIRUSES, WORMS, “TROJAN HORSES” OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE MATERIALS TO OUR WEBSITE, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT OUR WEBSITE OR MATERIALS THAT MAY BE DOWNLOADED FROM OUR WEBSITE DO NOT CONTAIN SUCH DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR HARM ATTRIBUTABLE TO SUCH FEATURES. IF YOU RELY ON OUR WEBSITE AND ANY MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR WEBSITE, YOU DO SO SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
OUR WEBSITE MAY CONTAIN VARIOUS COMBINATIONS OF TEXT, IMAGES, AUDIOVISUAL PRODUCTIONS, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS, FACTS, ARTICLES OR OTHER INFORMATION CREATED BY US OR BY THIRD-PARTIES. DUE TO THE NUMBER OF SOURCES FROM WHICH CONTENT ON OUR WEBSITE IS OBTAINED, AND THE INHERENT HAZARDS OF ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION, THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS OR INACCURACIES IN SUCH CONTENT. ACCORDINGLY, SUCH CONTENT IS FOR YOUR REFERENCE ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON BY YOU FOR ANY PURPOSE. INFORMATION CREATED BY THIRD PARTIES THAT YOU MAY ACCESS ON OUR WEBSITE OR THROUGH LINKS IS NOT ADOPTED OR ENDORSED BY US AND REMAINS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT OUR WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THE RESULTS THAT YOU MAY GAIN FROM YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE.
9. We are Not Responsible for Linked Sites: We are not responsible for the availability or content of other services that may be linked to from Our Website. Because We have no control over such services, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external services, and that we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such services. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through such services.
10. We May be Legally Compelled to Disclose Certain Information: You agree that in the event we receive a subpoena issued by a court or from a law enforcement or government agency, we shall comply with such subpoenas without your consent or prior notice to you and may disclose your IP address, username, name, IP location or other information in response thereto.
11. Our Liability to You is Limited: ma-ta Philippines and its affiliates, and their respective members, directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents and licensors are not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including, without limitation, lost revenues or profits, loss of business or loss of data, in any way related to Our Website, or for any claim, loss or injury based on errors, omissions, interruptions or other inaccuracies in Our Website including, without limitation, as a result of breach of any warranty or other term of these Site Terms).
12. You Will Transact with Us Electronically. You agree to transact with us electronically. This means that if you wish to transact or communicate with Us, you agree to do so by electronic means. You authorize us to send you important notices about Our Website. It is your duty to keep your email address up to date and to maintain a valid email address and to ensure that emails we send you are not filtered or stopped by spam filters or other types of email blocking functionalities. If you no longer desire to transact electronically with us, you may no longer use Our Website.
13. You Are Responsible for Your Own Access. You are responsible for obtaining at your own expense all equipment and services needed to access and use Our Website, including all devices, Internet browsers and Internet access. If you access Our Website through a mobile or wireless device, you are responsible for all fees that your carrier may charge you for data, text messaging and other wireless access or communications services.
14. You May Not Share Your Username and Password. In the event you are provided with a user name and password to access any part of Our Website, agree not share, give or sell your password or username to any other person or company. Excessive viewings or logins by you will be construed by Us as fraudulent use of services, which will result in the immediate cancellation of your access. We have the right to disable any user name, password or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in Our sole discretion for any or no reason, including if, in Our opinion, you have violated any provision of these Site Terms.
15. We Do Not Target Children Under Age 13. Due to the nature of the Internet, we cannot prohibit minors from visiting Our Website. Our Website is not directed toward children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 through Our Website. If you believe that a child has provided information to us through Our Website, please contact us by email at email@example.com. We will use Our best efforts to remove all of the information provided by the child from Our system.
16. You Need to Bring any Action Against Us Within One Year. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to Our Website, your use of Our Website, or your access to and use of the Online Courses or these Site Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
17. You Must Abide by Applicable International Laws. Due to the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
BY CONTINUING TO USE OUR WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE SITE TERMS . The caption to each Section of these Site Terms are for convenience of reference only and shall be ignored in the construction or interpretation hereof.
Last Updated: May 15, 2018